This post may contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
In this article, we’ll be comparing the differences in ingredients, benefits, and effectiveness of Enso Supergreens vs. Athletic Greens.
Are you eating four to five servings of fruits and vegetables per day? If not, you may be missing out on some crucial vitamins and minerals.
I’m a dietitian that specializes in nutrition research and coaching. Let me tell you, it’s easy to miss out on important nutrients if you don’t have the right habits in place, don’t have the time, or even the budget to keep fresh produce on hand.
However, there are many new super greens products on the market that can help you reach your nutrition goals. Two major brands that I’ll be reviewing here are Enso Supergreens and Athletic Greens.
At a Glance
You may be considering trying a super greens powder if you’re struggling to get all of your daily nutrition with whole foods alone. And don’t worry, you’re not alone!
Almost 300 million Americans are missing out on the necessary amount of vitamins and minerals every day. That number can explain why nutrition-related chronic diseases are so prevalent in the US.
A super greens supplement, along with a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains, can help keep you healthy in the long term.
Enso Supergreens has 20+ organic ingredients that are beneficial for digestion, immunity, and energy. It’s also certified caffeine free.
Meanwhile, Athletic Greens has a similar nutrient panel and benefits to Enso Supergreens, but a much steeper price tag.
So, if buying a beneficial blend of local, organic ingredients at an affordable price is important to you, Enso Supergreens will be your go-to.
Want my full review of each of these super greens? Keep reading!
Quick Facts: Face To Face Comparison
|Enso Supergreens||Athletic Greens|
|Major Health Claims||Better Digestion|
|Promotes Gut Health|
|Dietary Preferences||Organic, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Caffeine-Free, Nut-Free, and Vegann||Caffeine-Free, Dairy-free, Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Corn-free, Lactose-free, Sucrose-free, Egg-free, Peanut-free, and Vegan|
|Probiotic Count||5 Billion CFU||7.2 Billion CFU|
|Calories per Serving||31 Calories per scoop||50 Calories per scoop|
|Macronutrient Count per serving||5g Carbohydrate, 2g Protein, 0.3g Fiber, No fat listed||6g Carbohydrate, 2g Protein, 2g Fiber, No fat listed|
|Net Carbs Per Serving||4.7g||4g|
|Serving Recommendations||Mix one scoop (8g) with water or another liquid at any time.||Take one scoop (12g) per day with 8-10 ounces of water first thing in the morning.|
|Price Per Serving||$1.33-$1.99||$2.63-$3.63|
100% USDA Organic(GMP) registered facilities
|NSF Certified for Sport|
Third-party tested by NSF
Manufactured in a TGA-registered, NSF (GMP) registered facilities
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Introductions
What is Enso Supergreens?
Enso Supergreens, made by Enso Superfoods, is a greens powder supplement that claims to promote enhanced digestion, immunity, and energy.
It is made from more than 20 plant-based ingredients like leafy greens, green vegetables, seaweed, and reishi mushrooms, as well as 5 million CFU probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
This vegetable powder blend is organic and locally-sourced in the USA. It’s meant for use once per day.
What is Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens, or AG1, is a globally-known super greens powder that is made in New Zealand.
Meant as a once-daily supplement for overall health, this product is made of 75 ingredients that are categorized into four groups:
- Alkaline, Nutrient-Dense Raw Superfood Complex
- Nutrient Dense Extracts, Herbs, & Antioxidants
- Digestive Enzyme & Super Mushroom Complex
- Dairy Free Probiotics (7.5 billion CFU)
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Standout features
- USDA-Certified Organic & Non-GMO
- 100% natural, local ingredients in the USA
- Gluten-Free, Caffeine-Free, Nut-Free, and Vegan
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certified
- No added sugar or sweeteners
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Non-GMO, Vegan, wheat, gluten, corn, egg, peanut, sucrose, soy, and dairy-free
- Vegan, wheat, gluten, corn, egg, peanut, sucrose, soy, and dairy-free
- NSF Certified for Sport
- Manufactured in a TGA-registered, NSF (GMP) registered facilities
- Marketed as paleo and keto-friendly
- Option to buy travel-sized packets
Enso Supergreens Overview
Enso Superfoods was founded by Haim Nigri, a Brazilian living in New York with a passion for food, nature, and accessible nutrition. Today, Enso’s mission is to make it easier for people to eat more natural foods.
Enso Supergreens is a dehydrated vegetable blend that is 100% organic and vegan. It markets itself as beneficial for gut health, immune function, and enhanced energy.
The company offers a few other organic supplements, including a Power Beets blend and a Golden Milk Latte Recharge blend.
- Better Digestion. The 5 billion probiotics in Enso Supergreens can improve digestion by adding more good bacteria to your gut. Digestive enzymes like papain and pepsin also work to help break down food in your GI tract, therefore improving gut function.
- Improved Immunity. Antioxidants, including vitamins A, B6, C, and E, found in ingredients like wheatgrass, work to protect us from toxins. Without protection, these toxins can access our cells and cause us to get sick.
- Enhanced Longevity. Antioxidants may also help ward off chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes, which can shorten your lifespan.
- Weight loss Support. Proteins in Enso Greens may promote weight loss by making you feel fuller for longer. Burdock root specifically is a diuretic, which can help you release water weight.
- Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar. Burdock root and dandelion powder are shown to promote healthy cholesterol and blood sugar. Blood sugar control is important to reduce your risk for diabetes, vision loss, and kidney disease.
- USDA-certified organic
- NSF Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) registered facilities
- Made in the USA
- Third-party tested for herbicides and pesticides
- Free of artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Vegan and GMO, nut, stevia, sugar, caffeine, and gluten-free
- New flavor arriving soon
- Only available online
- Shorter shelf-life due to freshness of ingredients
- Low in fiber
Athletic Greens Overview
If you’ve ever googled a greens supplement, you will surely have come across Athletic Greens. This popular super greens powder, newly named AG1, is made by Athletic Greens. The company was founded by Chris Ahenden in 2010.
After a long struggle with poor gut health, Chris was motivated to create a once-daily supplement that provides all of the necessary nutrients.
AG1 is the primary product that Athletic Greens sells and is majorly marketed for its benefits for gut health, as well as immunity, energy, and recovery.
- All Essential Vitamins & Minerals: Athletic Greens offers the most comprehensive blend of vitamins and minerals, ensuring you get all of the nutrition you need. This supports overall health and long-term well-being.
- Pre-& Probiotics: Probiotics are live, good bacteria that can enhance your gut health and nutrient absorption. Prebiotics are fibers that feed that good bacteria, therefore growing the presence of good bacteria and healthy gut function.
- Phytonutrient Blend: Phytonutrients are antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables that protect our cells from toxins. This supports a healthy gut, immune, and nervous function.
- Digestive Support: The 7.2 billion probiotics in AG1 support good digestion. Plus, natural enzymes from ingredients like bromelain and burdock root enhance nutrient absorption and ease the digestive process.
- Immunity Support: Vitamins and minerals offer antioxidants to protect us from illness. Immune-supporting mushrooms like reishi and shitake also target bad cells in our bodies to keep us healthy.
- Metabolism, Energy, and Stress Support: Adaptogenic herbs, plant extracts, and vitamins like rhodiola, magnesium, and B vitamins in AG1 may have the ability to help balance hormones. This process can support a healthy metabolism, better energy, and reduced stress.
- Improved Recovery: AG1 is NSF certified for sport for its proven benefits on post-workout recovery for endurance athletes.
- Comprehensive list of 75 ingredients
- Keto and paleo-friendly
- Option to purchase travel packs
- No artificial ingredients
- Third-party tested by NSF
- Manufactured in a TGA-registered, NSF (GMP) registered facilities
- Vegan and caffeine, wheat, gluten, corn, egg, peanut, sucrose, soy, and dairy-free
- More expensive than most greens blend on the market
- Customers report bad taste and differences in flavor and texture between products
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Ingredients Breakdown
Enso Supergreens Ingredients
Enso Supergreens is made from over 20 superfood ingredients that are sourced locally in California, USA.
Some key ingredients in Enso Supergreens include their Organic Supergreens blend, rich in many green vegetables. The Digestive Enzyme Complex includes two beneficial enzymes and 5 billion CFU of probiotics.
Enso Supergreens are all 100% organic, and it contains some nutrients that AG1 is missing, including iron and iodine.
Organic Supergreens Blend
The Supergreens blend in Enso is packed with 14 nutrient-rich plant-based superfoods that offer many health benefits. Some outstanding ingredients include
- Spirulina and Chlorella: These plant-based seafoods are rich in vitamins A, B, and C, which are beneficial for skin, hair, and nail growth as well as immune health. They’re also high in iodine, which promotes proper thyroid and metabolic function.
- Burdock Root: Burdock root is a diuretic that can help you release fluid retention and promote healthy liver and gut function.
- Dandelion Powder: Dandelion powder is known for its detoxification benefits. It supports a healthy liver and gallbladder, two organs that help get rid of toxins in the body.
- Peppermint Leaf: Peppermint leaves are beneficial for relieving cramps and improving congestion.
- Moringa: Moringa is super high in iron, potassium, and vitamin C, all beneficial nutrients for proper immune, blood, and cellular function.
Digestive Enzyme Complex
There are three digestive enzymes in Enso Supergreens that promote good digestion by helping to break down nutrients.
- Papain: Papain is an enzyme found in papaya that can promote healthy digestion by alleviating pain and inflammation.
- Bromelain: Bromelain is found in pineapples and breaks down proteins found in food to allow you to absorb them better.
- Pepsin: Enso uses pepsin from plant-based sources to help your gut break down nutrients efficiently.
There are 5 Billion CFU from four different strains of bacteria. They are dairy-free and promote a healthy gut microbiome.
Enso Greens is proud of its 100% organic label, meaning every one of its 20 ingredients comes from organic and non-GMO sources.
List of Ingredients
- Healthy & Nutritious Organic Supergreens Blend, 8g
- Spirulina powder® (Arthrospira platensis), chlorella powder® (Broken cell wall chlorella vulgaris), whole leaf wheatgrass® (Triticum aestivum), whole leaf barley grass® (Hordeum murinum), barley grass juice powder® (Hordeum murinum), monk fruit extract° (Siraitia grosvenori), peppermint leaf powder® (Mentha balsamea), spinach powder® (Spinacia oleracea L), moringa leaf powder® (Moringa oleifera), alfalfa leaf° (Medicago sativa), broccoli powder° (Brassica oleracea var. Italica), nopal cactus powder° (Opuntia basilaris P), kale powder° (Brassica oleracea var. Sabellica), oat grass juice powder® (Arrhenatherum elatius), dandelion leaf° (Taraxacum officinale), nettle leaf powder° (Urtica dioica), burdock root° (Arctium lappa), horsetail® (Equisetum arvense), parsley leaf powder° (Petroselinum crispum), kelp powder® (Macrocystis pyrifera), dulse powder® (Palmaria palmata), ginger root° (Zingiber officinale)
- Digestive Enzyme Complex, 74mg
- Papin [from papaya], Bromelain [from pineapple], Vegetarian Pepsin
- Dairy Free Probiotics, 5 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus case, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis
- Natural Multivitamin
- Vitamin A, 796mcg, 85% DV
- Vitamin C, 38mg, 42% DV
- Vitamin B1, 3mg, 228% DV
- Vitamin B2, 298 mcg, 23% DV
- Vitamin B3, 4mg NE, 25% DV
- Vitamin B6, 1mg, 53% DV
- Vitamin B9, 372 mcg, 93% DV
- Vitamin B12, 50mcg, 2063% DV
- Calcium, 21mg, 2% DV
- Iron, 2mg, 11% DV
- Phosphorus, 28mg, 2% DV
- Iodine, 264 mcg, 176% DV
- Magnesium, 16mg, 4% DV
- Zinc, 800mcg, 7% DV
- Selenium, 1 mcg, 1% DV
- Copper, 23mcg, 3% DV
- Manganese, 199 mcg, 9% DV
- Chromium, 39 mcg, 111% DV
- Molybdenum, 5mcg, 11% DV
- Sodium, 20mg, 1% DV
- Potassium, 93mg, 2% DV
Athletic Greens Ingredients
AG1 is well known for its 75-ingredient blend, which is one of the highest of all of the greens powders.
Major elements in their blend include a Superfood Complex, an Extracts and Herbs complex, and an Enzyme and Super Mushroom complex. Top it off with 7.2 billion CFU of probiotics, and you’ve got one of the most comprehensive green blends on the market.
Here are some of the standout ingredients in AG1 that weren’t already listed above.
Alkaline, Nutrient-Dense Raw Superfood Complex
- Bilberry: Bilberry contains tannins and anthocyanosides, antioxidants that may have benefits for eye health.
- Licorice Root: Licorice contains a compound called glycyrrhizin, which allows licorice to act as a tonic to alleviate bronchitis, gastritis, and jaundice.
- Lycium Berry: Lycium berry, or goji berry, is an antioxidant-rich superfood that has been researched to promote good brain, eye, and heart health.
- Slippery Elm: Slippery elm has a compound called mucilage, which can help reduce inflammation all over the body, from the gut to your skin.
Nutrient-Dense Extracts, Herbs, and Antioxidants
- Pea Protein Isolate: Peas are a complete protein, meaning they have all of the essential acids that we need from dietary sources.
- Rhodiola root: Rhodiola root helps to balance your hormones and regulate stress in the body.
- Milk Thistle: Milk thistle is very beneficial for liver health by allowing your liver to make and use proteins more quickly.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an herb that can have a positive effect on stress levels and promote a good night’s sleep.
Digestive Enzyme and Super Mushroom Complex
- Reishi and Shiitake: Both reishi and shiitake are revered as “adaptogenic” mushrooms, meaning they help to balance your hormones to protect you from stress and illness.
- Astragalus Root: Along with Burdock and Bromelain, AG1 also includes astragalus root, which is a high-fiber nutrient that has 126 bioactive compounds.
AG1 uses two different probiotics to make up its major count of 7.2 billion CFU.
Athletic Greens mention that they “obsess about sourcing high-quality superfoods at their ideal harvest time to optimize nutrient content.” That also means that they audit all of their ingredient suppliers to make sure their ingredients are all pure.
List of Ingredients
- Alkaline, Nutrient-Dense Raw Superfood Complex, 7,388 mg
- Spirulina, lecithin, apple powder, inulin, wheat grass juice powder, alfalfa, chlorella, barley leaf, broccoli flower, papaya, pineapple, bilberry fruit extract, grape seed extract, green tea leaf extract, licorice root, lycium berry extract, ginger rhizome, slippery elm, kelp
- Nutrient-Dense Extracts, Herbs, and Antioxidants, 2,732 mg
- Alkaline pea protein isolate, citrus bioflavonoids extract, artichoke leaf extract, citric acid, rhodiola root, eleuthero root, milk thistle seed, R, S alpha-lipoic acid, ashwagandha, dandelion, hawthorn berry, beta-glucans, policosanol, coenzyme Q-10, stevia, vitamin K2
- Digestive Enzyme and Super Mushroom Complex, 154 mg
- Astragalus root, bromelain, burdock root, reishi mushroom, shitake mushroom
- Probiotics 7.2 billion CFUs, 38 mg
- Lactobacillus acidophilus UALz-01, Bifidobacterium bifidum UABb-10
- 21 Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A: 555mcg, 62% DV
- Vitamin C: 420mg, 467% DV
- Vitamin E: 83mg, 553% DV
- Thiamin: 3mg, 250% DV
- Riboflavin: 2mg, 154% DV
- Niacin: 20mg NE, 125% DV
- Vitamin B6: 3mg, 176% DV
- Folate: 680mc DFE, 170% DV
- Vitamin B12: 22mcg, 917% DV
- Biotin: 22mcg, 1110% DV
- Pantothenic acid: 4mg, 80% DV
- Calcium: 118mg, 9% DV
- Phosphorus: 130mg, 10% DV
- Magnesium: 26mg, 6% DV
- Zinc: 15mg, 136% DV
- Selenium: 20mcg, 36% DV
- Copper: 195 mcg, 22% DV
- Manganese: 400mcg, 17% DV
- Chromium: 25 mcg, 71% DV
- Sodium: 45mg, 2% DV
- Potassium: 300mg, 6% DV
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Taste Test
While nutrition is important, when it comes to picking a green powder, you’ll want to choose one you actually like! If you don’t like the flavor, there’s a good chance you won’t take it every day.
Enso Supergreens Taste
Users say Enso Supergreens has a minty taste, which some love. However, they don’t use any type of sweetener in their blend, so it can come off as bitter and earthy for some.
They mention on their website that mixing it into almond milk or a protein shake rather than just water (as stated in the directions) can improve the flavor.
Athletic Greens Taste
AG1 is naturally essenced with vanilla and pineapple and includes some stevia to sweeten the flavor. Many customers say they like the refreshing and natural taste of this powder, while others aren’t the biggest fan of it.
Their website states it is designed for mixing with nothing but cold water, but you can add lemon juice, fruit juice, or nut milk if you’d like.
Ben Dillion, Personal Trainer and writer for Exercise With Style taste tested I tried Athletic Greens for 30 days.
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Pricing Comparison
- It costs $59.99 for a one-time purchase of one container of Enso Supergreens, which has 30 servings
- For a monthly subscription, you can save 33% and get each container for $39.99
- Price Per Serving
- $1.33 per serving with a subscription
- $1.99 per serving without a subscription
- Container Size
- 8.5 oz (240g)
- A one-time purchase of one container costs $99, which includes 30 servings
- You can also choose to purchase single-serving travel packets, which will cost $109 for a one-time purchase of 30 packets
- If you want a discount, you can get a monthly subscription to Athletic Greens, which will cost $79 per container or $89 for 30-travel packs per month
- Price Per Serving
- $2.63 per serving with a subscription
- $3.30 per serving without a subscription
- $3.63 per travel pack (without a subscription)
- Container Size
- 12.7 oz per container
- 12g per single-serving travel pack
Get free Vitamin D3+K2 AND 5 free travel packs when you buy a double subscription to Athletic Greens!
Comparison of Side Effects and Safety
The Enso website states that women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should consult their physician before taking this supplement.
The Athletic Greens website also states this. They also caution that their product is for adults over 18. It’s safe for athletes, and anyone taking prescribed medications should check with their doctor before taking AG1.
Some Athletic Greens consumers complained of bloating and digestive issues, which can be explained it massive amount of probiotics. It’s recommended to reduce your daily dose of AG1 and gradually increase it over time to grow accustomed to it.
Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens: Which Is The Best Option?
Overall, I believe Enso Supergreens is better for a couple of reasons.
I really like that it’s 100% organic and made from local, all-natural ingredients.
Although Athletic Greens is more expensive, it contains a lot of the same nutrients and offers similar benefits to Enso Greens. Actually, it’s missing some nutrients like iron that Enso Greens does provide.
As an added bonus, Enso Supergreens also has a unique minty taste with no added sweeteners.
Why We Think Athletic Greens Is The Better Option
If you’re looking for a supplement with the most benefits, go for Enso Greens. It’s clearly the better supplement due to its comprehensive list of nutrients and health benefits at a more affordable price.
It even offers some added perks like a new flavor coming soon and free shipping, which Athletic Greens doesn’t provide.
Click here if you want to try it for yourself!
Final Thoughts on Enso Supergreens vs Athletic Greens:
Overall, any super greens powder from a reputable source that is third-party tested can offer some health benefits.
That being said, you still need to eat a diverse diet full of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables, even if you take a daily greens supplement.
These powders are great, but they are still lacking in the important things like fiber and hydration that fresh produce will give you.
If you’re ready to get the benefits of better daily nutrition, click here to try Enso Supergreens.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s better than Athletic Greens?
Athletic Greens is one of the best super greens on the market. However, we’ve actually ranked Primal Greens a little higher than Athletic Greens by factoring in benefits, perks, and prices.
When it comes to total benefits, though, AG1 will come out on top.
Are Enso greens worth it?
Enso Supergreens is a good super greens powder to choose for digestive, immune, and energy benefits. It’s lower in cost than other greens powders, so if you are looking to improve any of those three things, Enso would be worth it.
How does Athletic Greens compare to other greens?
Athletic Greens is one of the most popular greens on the market, and there’s a reason for it. AG1 has the most robust list of ingredients, nutrients, and benefits, making it one of the best supplement choices. It is more expensive than other greens, but we think it may be worth the investment.
Is ag1 legit?
Yes, AG1 Is a legit source of nutrition. It is third-party tested by the NSF and is made in GMP-certified facilities, which ensures safe ingredients and production.
Is ag1 good for you?
Yes, AG1 is full of good-for-you nutrients that offer many health benefits. These range from better energy and digestion to improved metabolic function and workout recovery.
What is in ag1?
AG1 is the name of the super greens made by Athletic Greens.
Is ag1 worth the money?
In our opinion, yes. AG1 has the longest list of superfood ingredients and health benefits, which may lead to it being more expensive but worth the investment in the long run.
More Product Reviews:
- Primal Greens Vs. Athletic Greens
- Jocko Greens Vs Athletic Greens