This post may contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click to view our full disclosure.
This is our review of the best Wheatgrass Juice Powders in 2022.
Needing energy is a very common problem on our day to day basis.
The fast-moving life of the 21st century leaves us exhausted, sleep-deprived and caffeine can be counterproductive to our body when over consumed.
Wheatgrass is a natural source of energy and has incredible benefits to the immune and cardiovascular systems.
But, when searching for natural supplements, the amount of information can be overwhelming.
For this reason, people that don’t know much about this topic can often make the wrong purchase.
That’s why I made this guide as complete as possible, with all the information you need to choose the best Wheatgrass product for you.
Wheatgrass Juice Powders vs Wheatgrass Powders Explained!
Related: 15 Super Greens Benefits
Even if they look and sound very similar, there’s one fundamental difference that gives these two products specific characteristics.
- Wheatgrass powder is the product of the whole plant: Wheatgrass is finely ground and then dehydrated into powder, including every part of the plant.
- Wheatgrass juice powders have an extra step: The plant is finely ground and then juiced, and this is what becomes the powder after the dehydration process.
This extra step gets rid of all the fibers from the wheatgrass plant. This results in wheatgrass powders having more fiber, but juice powders will have more nutrient density.
In a hurry? Here are the top 3 brands for Wheatgrass Powders
$24.97 ($4.71 / Ounce)
$23.95 ($1.50 / Ounce)
$42.99 ($8.11 / Ounce)
10 Most Popular Wheatgrass Product Reviews
Quick Jump to a section of reviews
- Triquetra Health Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Mirco Ingredients Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Dr. Berg’s Wheatgrass Superfood Powder
- Maju Superfoods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Pure Synergy Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Garden Of Life Raw Organic Wheatgrass Juice
- Anthony’s Organic Wheatgrass Powder
- Navitas Organics Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
1 Best Rated: Triquetra Health Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
Wheatgrass isn’t all created equally because the environment and soil quality determine nutrient profiles. How the wheatgrass is farmed, processed and stored also changes the quality.
Triquetra Health is the shining example of what is the best method to produce the highest quality wheatgrass juice powder for their consumers. Organically grown in the most mineral-rich soil of Utah in the ancient volcanic soil. This bolsters the wheatgrass with 75+ trace minerals, providing you with the highest level of nourishment and energy.
How they process the wheatgrass is extremely important to maintain the nutrients. They have a unique bioactive dehydration process. It is first cold-pressed and CO2 dried at ambient temperatures to preserve the full bioactive enzyme activity and nutrient profiles. Rather than using a heat-treated process that kills off many nutrients.
Many customer reviews mention how Triquetra Health wheatgrass juice powder is affordable with the best quality. Although it isn’t flavored or sweetened with sugar, the taste is fine and mixed well with water, almost as if it was freshly juiced.
More comments on how people felt while using it. Feeling a boost of energy through the day, a clear mind, gut, digestion and colon improvements.
In my research, this is the best clean and nutrient-dense wheatgrass juice powder on the market, packing 20x times higher grass potency than wheatgrass powders.
You can learn more about Triquetra Health Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder here.
- 20x Higher Grass Potency than Wheatgrass Powders.
- Organically grown in the mineral-rich soil of western Utah.
- Fertilizer-free, vegan friendly and sulfate-free.
- Mix well with water and don’t contain sweeteners.
- Fairly priced and packaged well in a resealable container rather than a bag.
- Fill ½ the container and claim 60 servings.
- Some people may not experience an energy boost.
- The flavor may not appeal to everyone as it isn’t sweetened.
- Price is a little higher, however, cheaper options may lack quality.
- Serving Size: 2.5g
- Total Calories: 7
2 Runner Up: Micro Ingredients Organic Wheatgrass Powder
A way Micro Ingredients stands out from its peers is the definition of the specific nutrients the powder contains. Instead of a vague statement of ‘vitamins’ and ‘nutrients’, this brand actually puts a name to all the beneficial components of the wheatgrass powder which I appreciate.
Because of their transparency and mostly hundreds of positive reviews at a reasonable price it made the top of the list.
One thing I kept reading was how the user’s energy levels improved including better sleep quality and glowing clearer skin. Although some were critical on taste, however, this comes down to individual taste buds and you can work around it by adding it to a smoothie or juice.
I will note the inconvenient packaging. Some customers end up getting the strongly-colored green powder over themselves, due to the way they package the powder. It may be worth transferring it into a tightly sealed jar to solve it.
Overall it has all the qualities of a suitable wheatgrass powder on the market and I highly recommend checking them out.
- User’s experience energy boost, improved quality of sleep, and skin.
- Has a lot of servings in one bag roughly six-eight weeks per bag according to a reviewer.
- Organically grown in the USA, USDA approved and FDA registered products.
- Clear nutritional information on packaging.
- A measuring scoop is inside the bag for convenience.
- Absolutely no preservative, additives, fillers, and vegan friendly.
- Packaging could be better. When you have to reach inside the bag you will get wheatgrass on your knuckles.
- When you open the bag green dust may go on your clothes as it’s fine dust powder.
- Some users found it very gritty and taste not appealing, might be better to be added in a smoothie or juice if you find the taste not appealing.
- Serving Size: 3g
- Total Calories: 17
- Rich in essential minerals: Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Zinc.
- Immune Support: Vitamins A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C and Biotin.
- Protein, Essential Amino Acids, GLA and Arginine.
- Fiber, enzyme, and Flavonoids.
- Rich in Antioxidants for inflammations and overall health.
3 Dr. Berg’s WheatGrass Superfood Powder
My runner up is definitely Dr. Berg’s Wheatgrass Superfood Powder. Even though it’s on the pricier side, this product has some impressive attributes.
The brand is well-recognized and loved for all of their products.
They offer 100% organic wheatgrass juice powder, grown on Utah’s west desert which is known to be rich in minerals because of its longevity.
Because the soil is rich the wheatgrass should be more nutrient-dense and provide more essential minerals and vitamins!
They also offer a 30-day refund policy, which is always nice for a higher-priced product.
The price is the biggest issue amongst customers. Nevertheless, the nutritional value and the testimonies of how well it has worked for others, makes this a sensible option.
- Consumers testify to it being a great source of energy, experiencing blood sugar regulation on diabetic patients, and healthy bowel movements. (Results may vary of course)
- Taste isn’t too strong and it mixes smoothly with any beverage.
- Organically grown in the USA, with no added fillers or chemicals.
- The company prides itself on its precise planting and harvesting techniques. This ensures the wheatgrass is planted, harvested, and dried at the optimal stages of growth.
- They have a 30-day refund policy for customers who are not satisfied with the product.
- The container is only half-full, and customers found this as an issue for a product that is more expensive than others.
- When living in humid areas, the powder can get solidified and be hard to use.
- Serving size: 2.5g
- Total calories per serving: 8
- Organically grown in the ancient sea beds of Utah.
- Certified as organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, with no additives or insoluble fibers.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and chlorophyll.
- Contains no sugar, salt, starch, or preservatives.
- Promotes detoxification and weight loss.
4 Maju Superfoods’ Organic Wheatgrass Juice Powder
This pick might come as a surprise since Maju Superfoods is a relatively new brand. But, customer reviews on their wheatgrass juice powder has put the brand on the map for many people.
They too grow their wheatgrass in Utah, using volcanic soil only, which is rich in minerals, again providing more nutrient-dense wheatgrass.
Customers rave about the taste and the easy mixing of this powder. They give away a free recipe eBook with the product, with different ways in which you can use the wheatgrass juice powder. Like Dr. Berg’s, they also offer a 30-refund policy.
There were reviews stating that, in some instances, the product was sold after being expired in 2018. This issue seems to have been a one-time-only situation since no other reviews about this problem have been made.
- The wheatgrass used in this product is grown in the US from family farmers, in volcanic soil only.
- Certified organic by USDA, and is 100% pure wheatgrass powder, non-GMO, and non-allergenic.
- Customers experience the energy increase the product claims, as well as other positive effects of wheatgrass, such as pain relief, higher brain function.
- It comes with a spoon for easy measuring of servings.
- Has a good taste and mixes well in beverages.
- It comes with a free recipe eBook with ideas on how you can use the powder on different foods.
- They offer a 30-day refund policy for unsatisfied customers, with no questions asked.
- There were reports of some customers receiving expired products in 2018, but this seemed to be a one-time-only situation and no reports have been made since then.
- Serving size: 2g
- Total calories per serving: 8
- USDA certified organic. Non-GMO, non-allergenic, with no additives or preservatives.
- Rich in vitamins A, B6, C, and E.
- Contains high doses of minerals like iron and zinc. Also high concentrations of riboflavin and niacin.
5 Pure Synergy Organic WheatGrass Juice Powder
Pure synergy offers a vibrant colored wheatgrass powder grown on a 200+ acre organic farm in the US. Customers praise how durable the powder is, making it a good bargain.
The patented CO2 drying and cold-pressed juicing ensure the product preserves all the freshness from the wheatgrass plant.
Also, there’s something unique I haven’t seen in many other wheatgrass powders and can interest some consumers, and that is being kosher.
However, there are many reports on bad taste and clumpiness that put this powder a little bit down the list. The vibrant green color of the powder is controversial, as some customers don’t find it appealing, while others do.
- The wheatgrass is USA-grown on a dedicated organic farm.
- The powder is produced with a patented CO2 drying and cold-pressed juicing. These technologies provide a faster process and less energy consumption, preserving the nutrients of the plant.
- The positive customer reviews state that this powder does provide energy and that the taste isn’t that bad considering its wheatgrass.
- Certified as kosher, vegan, organic, gluten-free, and non-GM.
- Affordable price for the amount of product it comes with. The product affirms that it supplies for 60 days of daily use.
- Users find this powder to be a little clumpier than others, and a little harder to mix with water.
- The vibrant green color that characterizes this product is off-putting to some users. This is ultimately down to personal taste.
- Serving size: 2.5g
- Total calories per serving: 8
- With concentrated doses of chlorophyll, vitamins A and K1, and minerals: calcium, iron, and potassium.
- Certified non-GMO, vegan, allergen-free, kosher; no added fillers, preservatives, sweeteners, and gluten-free.
6 Terrasoul Superfoods Organic WheatGrass Juice Powder
- Terrasoul Superfoods Wheat Grass Juice Powder, 10 Ounces (5oz - 2 Pack)
- 100% Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Earth Kosher, Raw, Vegan
Another kosher alternative comes from Terrasoul. This powder is made on a 25:1 concentration ratio of wheatgrass, making it densely packed with the natural nutrients from the plant.
This provides a lot more nutrients per gram of product, so it is a good investment. At Terrasoul they also make sure every batch they produce has the best quality by being lab-tested, so there are very little chances that you’ll encounter a bad batch.
Now, Terrasoul’s big problem is the packaging. Many customers complained about how the product arrived with green powder everywhere.
They also talked about how it was impossible to seal and had to use Ziploc bags to keep it from going everywhere. So, keep in mind that this product is a little messy. However, countless reviews talked about how it was worth it.
- This wheatgrass powder is grown and packaged in the USA, and the wheatgrass is dried at low temperatures to ensure freshness.
- It’s USDA certified as 100% organic. It’s also kosher, vegan, raw, and non-GMO.
- The product is a concentrated and pure form of wheatgrass on a 25:1 ratio, making it densely packed with the plant’s natural nutrients. This provides greater benefits per gram of product.
- Every batch is lab-tested by food scientists to evaluate the quality of the product.
- Users of this product have reported that it provides an excellent source of energy and that it helped with inflammation and skin conditions.
- The packaging for this product can get a little messy. The seal sometimes doesn’t work, and the product can spill out of it.
- The taste is not particularly good. It’s the characteristic wheatgrass earthy taste that a lot of people tend to reject.
- Serving size: 4g
- Total calories per serving: 12
- 100% certified organic, earth kosher, non-GMO, and vegan. It’s also keto-friendly.
- Concentrated wheatgrass to a 25:1 ratio.
- Densely rich in vitamins D and K, as well as calcium, iron, and potassium.
- Contains 70% chlorophyll.
- Allergy information: it’s packaged in a facility that handles tree nuts.
7 Garden of Life Raw Organic Wheatgrass Juice
Garden of Life offers this wheatgrass juice powder that is produced focusing on traceability, to make sure the wheatgrass you’re consuming is the best quality you can get.
Positive reviews acclaim how well the powder mixes in with beverages and a taste that is as good as you can get with wheatgrass.
The major negative side of this product is what customers refer to as their misleading packaging.
Many were surprised to see that the package was not completely full, not even half full. This means you’ll be getting less product, but most customers said it was worth the money.
- Customers say the powder mixes well with liquids and that the taste isn’t that bad for it being a wheatgrass product.
- This product contains 100% organically grown wheatgrass in the USA.
- One big aspect they focus on is the traceability of its ingredients. Knowing exactly where each ingredient comes from and how it’s produced. This way you can be sure you’re consuming the best-quality wheatgrass with this product.
- This product has an impressive number of third-party certifications, including NSF as gluten-free, USDA as organic, vegan by vegan.org, and non-GMO by The Non-GMO Project.
- Includes a measuring scoop for more precise servings, and directions on how to mix the powder with water and other beverages.
- The one big negative aspect of this product expressed by its customers is the amount of product that comes in the package. They say the price doesn’t relate to the quantity of supplement inside the container, so this is a more expensive option.
- Serving size: 4g.
- Total calories per serving: 15.
- Rich in vitamins A, K, and folate. Concentrated quantities of necessary minerals, like potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- No added sugars, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
8 Anthony’s Organic Wheatgrass Powder
Anthony’s wheatgrass powder has a very clear nutrient label: high in vitamins, chlorophyll, and electrolytes. Using the freeze-drying technique, this product maintains the original natural freshness of the plant, and preserves all of its nutrients so that they can reach the consumers.
Thanks to this, customers experience the energy boosts and rejuvenating effects of the wheatgrass.
Among the many positive reviews, there’s a group of customers who didn’t enjoy the taste as much, describing it as bitter.
There were also complaints about the consistency, claiming it was clumpy. However, these are personal tastes and the benefits outweigh the downfalls.
- This product is organically grown in the USA and packaged in California.
- Certified as organic. It also claims to be vegan, gluten-free, and non-irradiated.
- This wheatgrass is freeze-dried to maintain the freshness of the plant and to preserve as much of its natural nutrients as possible.
- Customers love the energy boost this powder gives them. They also feel rejuvenated and saw improvements in their skin.
- Users of this product say that it tends to get clumpy and not mix that well with beverages. They also say that the taste could be better.
- This is not a juice powder, so the nutrients of the wheatgrass are not as concentrated.
- Serving size: 8g.
- Total calories per serving: 30.
- High in electrolytes like magnesium and calcium.
- Rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E.
- Contains 70% chlorophyll.
9 Navitas Organics Wheatgrass Juice Powder
Navitas has another good kosher option for wheatgrass powder.
This powder is densely packed with nutrients due to the use of the freeze-drying technique, preserving all of the natural nutrients from the wheatgrass.
This explains the energy boosts reported by its customers, who also rave about the taste.
The biggest negative feature for this product is the price/quantity ratio. Some customers say they only got about 6 servings for a price that was too high.
While the majority of the customers were satisfied with the results and didn’t mind the quantity, others felt the amount of product wasn’t enough for the price.
- Made with wheatgrass organically grown in the USA.
- Certified as USDA organic, vegan, non-GMO, kosher, and gluten-free.
- The freeze-drying and juice-pressing techniques preserve the wheatgrass freshness even in powder form, for better taste and results.
- Customers enjoyed the taste of this product compared to other options they had tried. They reported an energy boost, but not as big as the energy from an energy shot.
- The quantity of the product that you receive is not proportional to the size of the package. Some customers thought they would be getting more product for the price.
- Serving size: 0.5g
- Total calories per serving: 0
- Rich in vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium.
- USDA organic, kosher, non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free.
10 Sari Foods Organic Wheatgrass Powder
My last pick for this list is Sari Foods’ wheatgrass powder. It has some impressive features, and for being a wheatgrass powder instead of a juice powder, its nutritional contents are very concentrated, making it more effective.
Customers appreciated, in particular, the high quality of the product in relation to the price, saying it’s one of the most affordable options out there.
However, the problem with the packaging and the lower amount of reviews puts this product in the last spot, but it’s still a great option.
Buyers of this product complain about the re-sealable bag not working correctly, so this product can get messy.
- Made with 100% organic wheatgrass grown in the USA under USDA regulations.
- Customers say that the lower price of this product in comparison to others doesn’t reflect on the quality and the benefits they experienced. The powder gave them the energy boost they needed from it.
- This wheatgrass powder promotes weight loss by preserving the fiber from the wheatgrass plant, making you feel more full throughout the day, and preventing binge eating.
- It has a third-party certification by Ecocert as organic.
- It’s a wheatgrass powder, so it contains the nutrients from the wheatgrass in a less concentrated quantity.
- The re-sealable bag may not work too effectively, so the product can get messy.
- Customers say that it doesn’t mix that easily, and additional effort must be done to get it to be fully dissolved in water.
- Serving size: 10g
- Total calories per serving: 43
- Vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, B12, thiamine, and riboflavin.
- Contains minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, selenium, and copper.
- Dietary fiber.
- Organic, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, kosher, and halal.
I’ve curated a list of alternatives wheatgrass powders including a greens powder supplement that has many more benefits than just wheatgrass alone.
Supergreen Tonik is not just a greens supplement. It has an optimal range of 38 plant-based superfoods, adaptogens, and nutrients!
Supergreen Tonik is not just a greens supplement. It has an optimal range of 38 plant-based superfoods, adaptogens, and nutrients!
Not to mention it tastes delicious.
Some amazing benefits you may experience drinking one glass per day.
- Bulletproof immune system.
- Slow energy release that lasts all day.
- Brain booster, increase your productivity and mental performance.
- Glowing radiating skin.
- Deeper more quality sleep to feel refreshed and energized.
- Feel calmer and more relaxed throughout the day while lowering stress and anxiety you may experience.
- Increased longevity by improving cholesterol and cardiovascular health.
Learn more about Supergreen Tonik here.
For some people, the taste of wheatgrass will always be unbearable, no matter how great a product is.
Wheatgrass capsules are a good alternative to get the amazing benefits from wheatgrass while avoiding the characteristic taste. Capsules generally tend to act faster than tablets and be completely tasteless.
Another good way to bypass the taste of wheatgrass powders is to take your wheatgrass in tablet form. Just like with capsules, you’ll be getting all the benefits without the taste.
Tablets are quite inexpensive, have higher dosages, and can be split. They do tend to have a little bit of a taste, but it will be significantly less potent than powders.
What is the nutrient profile of wheatgrass?
According to the Mayo Clinic, wheatgrass is a concentrated source of various nutrients, like iron, calcium, magnesium, amino acids, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C, and E.
The Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice Powder
Lowers Insulin/ Insulin Resistance
A study carried in diabetic rats shows that wheatgrass may have a beneficial effect on damaged pancreatic cells enabling them to increase their insulin production.
This plant also showed mechanisms that improved insulin sensitivity improved. But more human studies need to be conducted.
The same study in diabetic rats treated with wheatgrass showed a significant decrease in fasting blood glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin levels, both used as parameters for this disease.
This study also showed a decrease in blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
May help fight cancer
Wheatgrass is rich in antioxidants that may prevent in the long term the risk of developing cancer.
Furthermore, there are studies that show the potential inhibitory effect it may have on many types of cancerous cells.
Studies show immunomodulatory activity by the wheatgrass plant, probably caused by oligosaccharides found on the plant.
This activity stimulates the immune response against pathogens, helping us fight off any infection.
The immunostimulants found on wheatgrass offer protection against common infections. This immunity boost will make sickness very rare if you consume wheatgrass regularly.
Wheatgrass is rich in flavonoids, a potent antioxidant that helps get rid of the body’s free radicals.
These compounds build up naturally from your metabolism and can damage DNA, leading to an accelerated aging rate.
Wheatgrass powder for weight loss
This plant increases metabolism rates by stimulating the thyroid gland.
Increased metabolism is beneficial for weight loss and has been shown as a positive effect of consuming wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass gives you an energy boost
Wheatgrass is filled with lots of nutrients, including vitamins, fiber, proteins, enzymes, and glucose, that give the body the energy boost needed for our day today.
How to prepare wheatgrass
How to mix wheatgrass powder with water
Take the amount of water you want your drink to be, and add as much wheatgrass powder as you prefer.
This may vary depending on personal taste, but usually, a spoonful will suffice.
You can use a blender bottle or stir it with a spoon. Mix until the powder is completely dissolved in the water.
How to make wheatgrass shot
Mix the wheatgrass powder with your water as indicated above and pour it into shot glasses or any other type of glass that can contain at least 1-1.5 oz.
You can add in other ingredients, like lemon juice or ginger.
What are the side effects of wheatgrass
Some common side effects include:
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions
Product Evaluation Criteria
Products from respectable brands that already have a good reputation for their other supplement products were higher on this list. Good brand reputation played a major role in the selection of the products.
Wheatgrass is an ingredient with a bad reputation for its taste, so the way each product handled this was a big selling point for me. Additional flavors or sweeteners that could ease the earthy flavor of wheatgrass was a big criterion.
A great relationship between the quality and quantity of the product and its price is very important and was a major aspect I took into consideration while creating this list.
I searched for products with respectable third-party certifications as organic and non-GMO. A big plus for a product was to be vegan, kosher, or gluten-free. I also searched for products that had no preservatives.
Based on their track record and the unique farming and unique processing of the wheatgrass juice powder.
Maintaining strict growing and quality control to provide consumers with the very best quality and high nutrient-dense wheatgrass on the market.
Micro Ingredients is a company located in Montclair, California. They sell their products through their online store, but also through Amazon and Walmart.
Their products contain 100% pure ingredients, with no additives or artificial ingredients. Micro Ingredients is also a raw material supplier.
Dr. Eric Berg is a chiropractor specialized in nutrition and natural products. He’s the author of best-selling books about nutrition and weight-loss.
He’s also an active member of the Endocrinology Society.
Maju Superfoods started in 2014 as the project of two tired law school students who were searching for natural ways to decrease anxiety and stress and to stay active in their studies.
Today, this company is known for its black seed oil and apple cider vinegar gummies.
frequently asked questions
Related: Colon Broom Reviews
How to Use Wheatgrass Powder
Wheatgrass powder can be mixed with many different drinks and dishes. Some popular ways to use your wheatgrass powder are:
- With water
- In smoothies
- In juices
- Wheatgrass shots
- With oatmeal
- Wheatgrass latte
How much wheatgrass should you drink a day?
Yous wheatgrass supplement should indicate the recommended daily amount, and come with a measuring scoop.
What does wheatgrass taste like?
Most people describe the taste of wheatgrass as bitter and earthy.
Is wheatgrass good for hair?
There are studies showing that the nutrients found in wheatgrass are beneficial for hair nourishment.
Can I eat after drinking wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass works better when not consumed along with other foods. Some experts recommend waiting between 30 minutes and an hour before eating after drinking wheatgrass.
When should you take wheatgrass?
It’s better to spread your wheatgrass intake throughout the day, and not take any too close to your bedtime to ensure a good sleep.
Triquetra Health Organic has the best quality/price ratio and positive reviews on Amazon. Among the other 9 respectable choices mentioned, this one definitely wins as the best wheatgrass powder.
You May Also Be Interested In: